Hi, I’m Lee. I’m a Database Administrator at Claritas Solutions Ltd.
With more than three years experience in SQL Server I am now responsible for the performance, integrity and security of business critical internal databases, as well as client and vendor application databases. With client databases upwards of 3TB in size and serving thousands of users my focus is ensuring they’re optimised to perform.
Below are some of my key achievements and responsibilities.
- Implemented a performance improvement plan for nationally used 2TB+ database
- Designed and rolled out a replacement backup and recovery plan for internal, company critical databases
- Designed and implemented an application specific reporting solution to replace the clients existing method
- Provide application support to sensitive databases used by the Police forces across the UK
- Implemented the new SQL Server 2014 Cardinality Estimator across four 100GB + databases
- Performed day to day DBA activities such as monitoring SQL Server health, job status, addressing user requirements
- Designed and ran scripts for Quality Assurance and Production releases
- Expertise in T-SQL writing stored procedures, triggers and functions
- Backup, Restore and Recovery models
- Performance Monitor and Extended Events
- DMVs and execution plans
- R and Powershell
- Installation and configuration
- SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017
- SSRS, SSIS
- Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Hyper V and VMWare VSphere
- CentOS 7
- Mysql 5.7
- MariaDB 10.3